Friday, September 14, 2007

Poetry Friday, A Little Late

So today was crazy long! We had our Harvest Festival, I got to paint perhaps fifty faces in an hour. I got skills!!! Anyway, my girls got to walk around with their dear old dad while playing games. It is always so fun because you get to see old, old, old, students that return. You see everyone in such a positive fun setting. I am exhausted, and my daughters were ready to snuggle. We got jammies on, our set of books, and we hunkered in for the night. I hope you enjoy!

Snuggle
by Sarah Amick
A giant comfy family bed
fluffy pillows craddle our head
Quiet giggles, little heads nuzzle
We hunker down our bodies like a puzzle
A long fall day-
So tired from our play;
laughing, snuggling, reading books
settling in, heads nestled in nooks,
A moment of quiet, and sweetly warm
content tender, and away from worldly harm
All crowded with limbs in the family bed
My girls, my sweets, a memory in their head.

2 comments:

Jen Barney said...

Beautiful! I was OUT Friday night, as well as the kids! Mason had so much fun!

Katie Dicesare said...

Sounds like a great day and your words help me envision an even sweeter ending!