Thursday, July 5, 2007

One Word...

Ruth had a post recently about thinking of a word to "live by." I have thought long and hard and my word would have to be: OPTIMISM. There is too much negativity in this world, and it just doesn't make sense to dwell. It really does bring people down. If we could all just decide to change the things that we can control. This is not to say that negative things will not come your way, believe me they will. However, if I can't control it, then I shouldn't let it get to me. For instance, I can't control the home lives of my students. It can't be done by me. I can, however, better myself by personally reading about best practices, watching others in action performing best practices, and then doing my best at my profession. This is what I can do, and that seems optimistic, doesn't it!?!

I wrote a couple of poems about optimism and the word positive:

Optimistic
Optimistic eyes
Are always looking through life's
rough waters.
Positively Positive by Sarah Amick
Partakes in life's simple pleasures,
Optimistic outlook
Shares enthusiasm
Invites others
Takes only what is good from others
Inspiring
Vibrantly contagious
Encourages others to respond positively
Well, that is it for me for a while. I am off to the family vacation at the beach. (YaHooo!) Think of us basking in the sun, reading by the waves, and being positively happy!

3 comments:

Jen Barney said...

Have fun my dear! Be careful and make sure you get some sand for my collection!

Sarah said...

Thanks for all of your comments on my blog. I definitely feel like positive energy with others is critical in our lives. Even though my staff can bring me down, I am continuing to try to keep positive!

Ruth Ayres said...

very cool -- i'm glad you're playing along too. :)