Tuesday, July 3, 2007

List of Ten: Mentor and Touchstone Texts

Here is my list of 10 books that I will be using:

1. Tikki Tikki Tembo by Mosel
2. Through Grandpa's Eyes by Patricia MacLachlan
3. The Relatives Came by Cynthia Rylant
4. The Raft by Jim LaMarche
5. The Old Woman Who Named Things by Cynthia Rylant
6. All the Places to Love by Patricia MacLachlan
7. Chrysanthemum by Kevin Henkes
8. Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes
9. Saturdays and Teacakes by Lester Laminack
10. Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild! by Mem Fox

Chapter Books:
1. Charlotte's Web
2. The Mysterious Journey of Edward Toulane
3. Boxcar Children
4. Sarah, Plain and Tall
5. Stonefox

Anyone, got any ideas for craft within these send me ideas. I'm sure that I could use them.

6 comments:

Stacey Shubitz said...

Cool post. I posted one in response:
http://mentortexts.blogspot.com/2007/07/mentor-and-touchstone-texts-for-little.html

Someone likened blogging today to keeping a diary (agreed) and passing notes in class (ack!). What do you think?

Jen Barney said...

Hey I have my 10 too- let's meet and go over our 3 picture books like we were going to do and watch the video too. Call me Sunday-

Jen Barney said...

Responding to the diary and passing notes...

I don't think that we are "passing notes". I see it as all of us having cycles and degrees of across the world collaboration meetings!

Sarah Amick said...

Jen-Dude, leaving for the beach on Friday! (That was my surfer talk)
I'll catch back up to you the following Sunday, okay?!?
Literacy Teacher- I wish that my passing notes in class was this professional and gratifying. I never kept a diary. I have never felt more validated as a professional than when I am blogging. I feel like the kid that needs enriching and is getting what they need in general education setting. If it is like passing notes and diary writing to them so be it, they are just jealous of the community that we have established. So HAHAHAHA!

Stacey Shubitz said...

Agreed!

BTW: I've gotta write a post about the crown molding, don't I?

Sarah Amick said...

I think that you just left it in the comment section of my post. It would be good to hear more. Please post.