Thursday, January 10, 2008

Take a peek at my week...

Monday- a tickle that has been in my throat for a couple of days turns into a slight head congestion. A little loss of voice, and tired.
Tuesday- Full head congestion, slight fever, and I took the afternoon off school. I called the doctor, thinking, "he'll just tell me it's a cold..." Nope, by Tuesday afternoon I am miserable, I head to the doctor to discover- I have bronchitis. Antibiotics and a strong decongestant are prescribed. I feel crappy!
Wednesday- back at school, wondering all the while, "why am I here? why did I come?"
-We have to start on writing nonfiction all about pieces.
-I have to teach quarter past and a quarter till in Math.
-I missed them so much over break, now we are back and I am SICK!
Thursday- Thank God in heaven for antibiotics, I feel 100 times better than Wednesday. Not %100 but I am getting there. Today I reteach my lousy lessons that I taught on Wednesday. Nothing like seeing your lessons bomb when you feel like a person trapped inside the phlegm ball. Crash and burn baby- Thursday, we soared above the cloud cover.
Friday- Yea, we're going to take it easy, catch up on stuff we didn't get to over the week. It should be a great start to the weekend.

When vision meets phlegm, it is an ugly combination!

3 comments:

Jen Barney said...

I am glad that you are feeling a little better??? We will see you Friday!

Cathy said...

Oh, how I understand your misery...glad you are feeling somewhat better. How are things going? I was amazed when we came back at how being gone for two weeks, the kids were able to start right away with talking about everything we had been doing in our reading workshop...now writing, that's a different story...we're braving non-fiction right now too...should be interesting :)

Kathy Douglas said...

Can't wait to get back to Haley and see what your babies are doing. Nonfiction. How exciting! I will work with you, if you will work with me on G.R. Time soon for the taping! So glad you are feeling better!