Saturday, November 28, 2009

It Was About Two Years Ago...


Today during my three miles of solitude I began thinking back to this very same time two years ago. Two years ago I began a rigorous weight loss program that lasted 12 weeks. I drank 980 calories a day, was monitored by a doctor weekly, and met with a support group. I lost 35 pounds during that 12 week period. What followed that 12 weeks was 5 weeks of life changing nutritionists meetings where we discussed how I could change my life and never return to that shell of a person. And, for two years, I have managed to keep the pounds off, because I made serious changes to my lifestyle. I decided that I was worth the hard work. I decided that if I was going to be a good wife, mother, and teacher, that I needed to take care of me first. Here is what I learned: (And here is my before and after pictures that I wrote about in another post! Yikes!)


I exercise 6 days a week. Mostly, I run, but there are a couple of days during the week where I walk briskly through my neighborhood. These are days when my old body needs to recuperate so that the following days I can beat it mercilessly with a run. And, I love to run!

I eat well. I eat daily roughly the same things, I'm okay with that, but I do allow some indulgences every once in a while. I just run more...but my diet is more balanced than it has ever been.

I drink water. 64 oz. is my minimum. I have always been a water drinker but I have certainly kicked it up a notch. I panic when I forget my water bottle. What will I do? Why? Because I know that at the end of the day I am going to feel miserable because I haven't hydrated enough. I am amazed at how well I feel now that I keep myself full of water.


On Thursday, while many people were still sleeping in on their day off of work, I got up at 6 a.m. and drove to a small town with about 300 other crazy folks and ran in a 5k race. After the race I went to my annual Thanksgiving feast, but after the eating my children and family went for a hike through the woods. Instead of sleeping off that turkey, we hiked it off. My life has certainly changed!


I have learned through it all that the strength was always there, it was just being pushed around by self-doubt. It was trying to break free from within, it was in there screaming, "I'm here, just call upon me!"


I have a necklace that I wear daily, it reads, "All the strength you need is already inside of you."


Now, I run, for life, for hope, for my health, and to push my inner strength. I ask it each and every day, "how strong are you?"


I am never satisfied, always wanting to take it one step further, to see it run faster...


It was about two years ago...that I found my STRENGTH.

5 comments:

Rebekah Hubley said...

Sarah... I loved that post! I REALLY NEED TO START RUNNING... FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! I NEED MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE BACK!!!!! I know that I would feel soooooooooo much better about myself!!! I wish you lived closer and I would run with you.

Bobby shankar said...

Hi amick,
Thanks for sharing the slim fit secret.

Anonymous said...

Our Newport Cigarettes and Cheap Newport Cigarettes store not only offering

tax stamps for free without MOQ but also offer free shipping for all customers from the United States. What's more, if your goods would be stopped by Customs, we will reshipped

the same quantity for free. Customer's satisfaction is our top priority, and we are trying our best to provide customers the best services. We have many customers in the USA and

almost all customers give great praise to our services and the Newport

Cigarettes
.

Jim said...

Gordon Haff Microsoft office 2007 will be Crimson Hat's foriegn evangelist although thought processes stated this i will talk about exactingly his or her own. He could be Office 2007 devoted to corporation All of them, specially reasoning handling. Even so, Gordon adds articles with regards to lots of subject matter whether or not make reference to the simplest way too many doing the job time your pet utilizes journeying or perhaps the woman unique contribution inside graphic using. They may be section of the Office 2010 Download and isn't staff members by using CNET. Office 2007 downlaod

Hp Printer Solution said...

why my hp printer is offline